The software DECAY18 offers the following features:
- Direct display of charge decay observations in real time.
- Recording of decay observations for immediate and / or subsequent analysis, either using software, or using a spreadsheet.
- Recording of analysis for display via a spreadsheet.
- Recording of graphical display of analysis for later printout.
- Application of smoothing to improve resolution where surface charging potentials are very low.
- Current and earlier charge decay observations are analysed in terms of:
- Time to of initial surface voltage.
- Time to decay between prescribed levels.
- Decay time constant values as a function of time.
- Charge decay time and decay time constant values are presented on numerical and graphical displays.
- With instruments made after the end of 1994 facilities are provided:
- to control charging parameters from the computer.
- to control up to 99 repeated charge / discharge cycles with identical charge / discharge / data-logging conditions.
- to control sequences of charge / discharge cycles with predetermined sequence of (possibly repeated) charge / discharge / data-logging conditions.
In the following text, there are many instructions on computer entry, and instrument switch settings. The following conventions are used:
- Computer Screen Text
- as generated by computer: A: prompt>
- as echoed from keyboard: ins
- to be replaced by text to
your requirements act
- as generated by program menu Manual control
- Computer Keys
- Escape Key
- Backspace Key
- Return Key
- Edit Cursor Movement Keys , , ,
- Editing Keys ,
- Menu Selector Bar Keys ,
- Field Selection Keys , ,
- Shifted Keys (the first key is to +,
be held down, while the second +,
is pressed and released) +
- JCI155v4 Instrument:
- Switches Discharge
- Legends Volts